And so are my awesome students! We had a super first week of school! Super fun and super busy. The first week is always a busy one because there is so much to accomplish! My goal is to introduce myself and the kids to each other, as well as show them how much fun preschool can be but at the same time set the rules and establish a routine. And, of course, we want to learn! So, this week we focused on each other, as well as some of the staples of preschool fundamentals.
We made these adorable duck hats to go along with our Duck Song. Look for the words at the bottom of this entry. This is one of the songs that we sing to get our wiggles out!
We also talked about the letter A this week. "A" is for apple, and all of the other surprises that started with A that were hidden inside of these apples.
We also used apples for our math center this week. We took turns recording how tall each of us was, and then counted how tall in apples. Ask your child how many apples tall they were!
Each child received a puzzle with their name on it to take home for name recognition practice. We built them in school a couple of times too!
We also got to play with blocks, and some magnetic toys. Can't go wrong there!
For a reading center we took turns listening to the story readers.
And finally, for the introduction of colors week next week, we played with the parachute! A must play for every child! The plan was to do this outdoors, but we were really short on time so we decided to just move some tables and play inside for awhile!
We celebrated some birthdays this week! Happy Birthday to:
Aydon!
Easton!
and Taryn!
Songs for the week:
The Duck Song
I am a duck
I quack, quack, quack. (using hands as a beak)
I have some feathers. (using hands as feathers)
on my back, back, back. (Turn around and wiggle back side0
When I go down (shrink your body down)
to the lake (open arms wide like a circle of water)
I wiggle, and I waddle (wiggle and waddle)
And I shake, shake, shake (shake body while turning all around)
September
Tune: "Are You Sleeping"
It's September.
It's September.
Fall is here.
Fall is here.
We are making new friends.
We are making new friends.
We like school.
We like school.
Book of the week: How Do Dinosaurs go to School by By Jane Yolen and Mark Teague
No comments:
Post a Comment